Comic 1101 - Take a fancy shower, eat breakfast

Posted on 15th Jul 2018, 6:52 PM in Chapter VIII
Take a fancy shower, eat breakfast

<<First Latest>>
Average Rating: 5 (1 votes) / Rate this comic

Author Notes:

Morgenstern 15th Jul 2018, 6:52 PM edit delete
Morgenstern
You wake up the next day, and take a fancy hotel shower with tiny soaps.

You meet up with everyone in the hall, and head to the lobby for a hotel provided breakfast of elaborate pancakes. Over breakfast, you all make small talk about the comforts and commodities of a nice hotel, and how fun it was to just... get out for a while.

"I've been keeping tabs on the news," Fuse says, lowering his voice a bit. "Our news. Hope's show got a rerun, and Reigns hasn't given much of a comment on his favorite pastor's arrest."

"Hope committed numerous crimes in addition to being tied to the Thale investigation," Dr. Finch points out.

"Yeah, he can't just play this one off," Lydia adds. "His boy's buuusted, better to just sweep it under the rug and act like they weren't in cahoots."

"Much as I wanted to wreck Hope's face," Michelle comments, "I guess it's better we didn't. Reigns coulda spun it like crazy people'd murdered an innocent pastor, maybe even leveraged that to bring Southern Pass back into it."

"As it is," Fuse concludes, "Theodore Reigns just has to kinda suck it up and deal with it."

"We shoulda at least decked him in tha face a couple times," Caius chuckles. "We didn't have to break his legs or nothin'... jus'. Y'know. Ugly him up a bit."

Fuse smirks. "You'd have broken his legs."

"Yeah," Caius admits pretty quickly. "I'd have broken his legs."

After you've eaten breakfast, you check out of the hotel--and discover your party received a massive discount. You pay much, much less than you'd originally anticipated.

"Someone already covered a portion of your bill," the man behind the counter states.

You all pile into the rental car, and onto the motorcycle, and head out into Southden. You make a few random stops, buying things for the girls (including some... very child safe sewing equipment, and a fire extinguisher) and swinging by some of the city's more notable sights.

Running around Southden in broad daylight, as a group, does bring to your attention that the city isn't... perfect, per se. Caius, Michelle, and sometimes even Fuse prompt odd stares and whispers among the locals you come across. Mutants and genetically engineered people are treated as second class citizens back home, but they don't garner this kind of reaction--the people of Southden look at your group like some kind of freak show.

None of your friends say anything, but you can tell they're becoming self conscious about it, after a while. Caius in particular looks visibly tense, but throws a glance to Dr. Finch... and manages to restrain himself from starting a fight with strangers. You suspect it may be best to head home.

Comments:

Barswanian 15th Jul 2018, 8:07 PM edit delete reply
Head home. While doing so, check on blooded animals.
Tych 15th Jul 2018, 8:10 PM edit delete reply
yeah should really get back home and get on with the "experiments" and what not
Lunar Waffles 15th Jul 2018, 8:24 PM edit delete reply
check out the town we own, and our refugees, look in on the ghost girl tea party, head home, toy with the up-trade,
(kind of want to know what would happen if we put a few toy ray guns with a good amount of pistols in it)
workshop with moms red about the blood(and what we can do with it, now that we have unrestricted acsess), and plan an attack on Carpenter and/or Thale
Skullrama 16th Jul 2018, 12:19 AM edit delete reply
Next stop, Ilworth. Once we check on the people there and see what they're up to, we can figure out what we're doing with the rest of the day.
Lunar Waffles 16th Jul 2018, 2:26 PM edit delete reply
Lunar Waffles
That's the town i was talking about! thanks Skullrama, i'm horrid with (remembering) nouns.
Waddle Dee 15th Jul 2018, 8:27 PM edit delete reply
Ask around the car if anyone knows who our mysterious benefactor may have been. It's kind of strange for an outside force to have helped pay for our spa day, isn't it?
Lunar Waffles 15th Jul 2018, 8:33 PM edit delete reply
Perhaps its that gang we helped out? they might be asking something of us soonish x:
Japster 15th Jul 2018, 8:51 PM edit delete reply
Japster
It is important to know who we owe. We need to find this generous unnamed character.
Baron11704 16th Jul 2018, 1:24 AM edit delete reply
While i do agree that we should try and find who payed it, i doubt we owe whoever it is, atleast in the traditional "Have to pay back the mafia" kind of way. Considering we didnt ask anyone for financial help, they cant really ask us to pay them for unsolicited help.
Memo 16th Jul 2018, 6:40 PM edit delete reply
Memo
I agree, it is something we need to know.
It could mean some new group have taken an interest in our presence here.
Twyll 16th Jul 2018, 1:57 AM edit delete reply
Something we ought to think about doing: setting up a reflex to kick us into The Blood mode if we take fatal damage (which at this point is solely damage to the brain). This wouldn't necessarily work if we set it up as a reflex using our actual neurons, but we don't *have* to use them-- instead, we could use our blood. It might take a bit of testing (ideally using a golem or something) to figure out exactly how to get it to trigger so it's not too sensitive but will catch a bullet slightly *before* it pierces all the way through the skull, but given the blood's extra-dimensional processing powers, I think we can make it work.

Ideally we'd want it to trigger *only* when we take fatal damage, as the very very last resort to allow us to become The Blood long enough to fix things, as we were when we got stabbed through the eye.
Mr. thought 16th Jul 2018, 6:14 AM edit delete reply
Let’s check in on the crew in Illworth and we have been focusing on attack for a while now how about working on upping our defense. Like taking some precautions to protect our base of operation. Add some blood eggs to the street outside the door to our base that way we can portal in blood in an emergency and won’t get surrounded. Currently the only thing protecting our base is that Thale doesn’t know we are there. Then let’s work on Edison and any other crazy experiments to up our game.
Mr.thought 16th Jul 2018, 6:20 AM edit delete reply
We have some time now to get properly prepared for the eventuality of him finding our base.
Cheesy 16th Jul 2018, 3:41 PM edit delete reply
Find out who paid part of our hotel bill. That's going to bug me. Are we just going to ignore that?
The bohemian 16th Jul 2018, 5:28 PM edit delete reply
Same or as those new hip kids tpye
+1X10000000000000000000000
lil Joshu 16th Jul 2018, 7:12 PM edit delete reply
lil Joshu
Yea, may want to look into that... ask the restaurant who paid our tab. Usually that's a sign that someone wants to be an ally or ask us for a favor.
Crestlinger 16th Jul 2018, 11:15 PM edit delete reply
Tempting to plant a meatwall in front of those with the dirty looks, then dissolve it and leave. anyways, if everything done and wrapped up here (unique tech and blood imitable drugs gathered mainly) time to prep for a ghostly family reunion.